This blog is no longer being maintained. Check out the new adventure at Science Matters.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Short History of Nearly Everything



A Short History of Nearly Everything

This is one of my FAVORITE books, and I'm not much of a non-fiction reader! Bill Bryson attempts to explore every branch of science and puts his findings (gathered from a wide variety of experts in each area) into conversational English that can be understood by middle school students. There are great passages in this book to share with your students within every area of the curriculum.

When I started reading this book, I used a pencil to underline and mark things I found remarkable or things I wanted to be able to locate to share with my students. After underlining the majority of the first chapter, I put the pencil away and just read. I think I read about half the book aloud to my husband, because there were just so many interesting facts that I had to share with someone and he was the someone nearest to me.

Add A Short History of Nearly Everything to your summer reading list - I don't think you'll be disappointed. Check it out from your local library, or, if you want your own copy to underline and otherwise mark, click on the link above to be taken to Amazon where you can purchase your own copy.

No comments: