This blog is no longer being maintained. Check out the new adventure at Science Matters.

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Science Spot


If you aren't already familiar with the Science Spot, you MUST spend some time perusing it this summer. Tracy Trimpe has created this amazing website (and has been kind enough to share some of her great ideas with us on this very site) and I can't get enough of it. I have used so many of Tracy's ideas in my classroom, that I can't even begin to list them here.
Start by checking out The Science Classroom. There you will find not only ideas to use in your classroom, but also the student handouts, teacher notes, and any other paperwork that goes with the lesson. Just be forewarned... you'll want to make sure you have a ream of paper and a fairly fresh ink cartridge on hand... and a few binders or folders to put your papers in wouldn't hurt. You'll be printing that much... it's that good! I promise! I'm also fond of the Survivor Science section and have used it with my classes during the last week or so of the school year with only a few minor adjustments. Fun stuff.
I hope you check it out! Let me know how it goes and what you find. And don't forget to add it to your saved bookmarks!

No comments: